Nearby Area Attractions
While visiting the Amana Villages you may wish to extend your stay and include a jaunt to one of our nearby towns…
Amana Colonies Visitors Center and Convention and Visitors Bureau
622 46th Ave.
Amana, Ia 52203
800-579-2294 or 319-622-7622
For information about the Amana Colonies contact the visitors center. There is much to see and do in the Amanas and this website has information on festivals, arts and culture, recreation and attractions.
Eastern Iowa Airport (Only 17 miles from Die Heimat) – an easy 20-minute drive.
Also known as “Hawkeye Land,” home of the University of Iowa. It is a city of great cultural diversity in the midst of the heartland.
- The University of Iowa – home of the Hawkeyes
- Hancher Auditorium – 20 miles
- Kinnick Stadium and Carver Hawkeye Arena – 18 miles
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics – 18 miles
- Englert Theatre – 20 miles
- Coral Ridge Mall – 15 miles
- F.W. Kent Park – just 9 miles east on Highway 6. – This picturesque 1,052 acre park is one of Iowa’s premier county parks and one of the nicest you will find anywhere.
Kalona (30 miles south)
This town is the largest Amish/Mennonite community west of the Mississippi River. Expect to spend a whole day exploring this fascinating farming community with its Village Museum, antique shops, and country stores.
West Branch (30 miles east)
The birthplace of President Herbert Hoover. There’s a wonderful library/museum with ever-changing exhibits and lovely grounds to tour.
Cedar Rapids (18 miles north)
Known as the “City of Five Seasons”, it has much to offer.
- National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library – 22 miles
- US Cellular Center – 22 miles
- New Bohemia District and NewBo City Market – 22 miles
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art – 22 miles
- African American Museum of Iowa – 22 miles
- Brucemore Mansion – 28 miles